Monday, January 08, 2007
Belief, Legend or Lie
The truth is found in the day-to-day life of the people living in the Middle East and Holy Land. Only by addressing the comfort level of the people will you find security, peace and prosperity in the region. What would the United States look like if they were living under the similar conditions as the people in Iraq or the West Bank and Gaza?
· If unemployment was 40%-70%
· If the security of your home and family were in the hands of foreign occupiers
· If your family and friends were being killed by the guns and bombs of the foreign occupiers
· If foreigners dictated and controlled your day-to-day life that was steadily getting worst
· The flow of commerce and people in and out of your nation was being controlled by foreigner occupiers
· If the supply of your fresh water and electricity were not constant since the foreign occupiers took over
In the case of the Palestinian people this has been going on for over sixty years. The Palestinian people are literally prisoners within their territory. The majority of Palestinian national elected leaders of the Hamas party are in the jails of their foreign occupiers. If the American people lived under similar conditions, things would not look too much different than they do today in Iraq and the Holy Land.